Pages

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Excitement is in the air!

Hello all. I am so so excited about this upcoming year! I am filled with so much hope and expectation for the future that I can hardly contain myself!

Why am I so excited you ask? Well,there are a number of reasons.

Firstly, I am finally getting organized!! I have actually started to follow through with some things that I have talked about doing for years and have never done. One thing is a daily routine. What? I know, bad right? We had a routine, somewhat. But it wasn't a good one. Now I have finally created a routine that allows Madison to have a routine that is structured and gives her the independence she has been craving for some time now. (I will post this at my next post)

You see, I am excited about that because for many years I have been so disorganized at home its been a huge cause of stress in our home. Our home was a constant mess that was so overwhelming that I hardly ever knew where to start. And now since we don't have that burden anymore, I can finally get that second chance to start over. And get it right.

Not only have I come up with a workable routine, I have also come up with a 4 week supper meal plan that has helped ease the stress of last minute scrambling to figure out what to have for supper each night. Usually I am the one who does the cooking around here so this has made our lives easier. (I will post this meal plan as well, if you need ideas) :)

Also, we started our 3rd year of home schooling this past week. It went well too for the most part I think. Other than my lack of preparation for each individual lesson, it was great. But there was excitement in the air. Madison was skeptical because last year we were so basic that she got bored with it. But despite her skepticism, she got into it and actually enjoyed it.

Our Scripture we are using is Joshua 1: 1-9 and it talks about how when Joshua was taking over after Moses to lead the Israelites. He was scared out of his mind and God reassures him to let him know that if he keeps faithful to God's law, he will be successful and that God will be with him. And that God will never leave him nor forsake him no matter what. He gave Joshua a reminder that the land before him and around him, it was promised to him. All he has to do is go and take it. And God was with him. He just needed to be brave and courageous. And Joshua did.

This passage reassures me that God is into the details and that those promises given to Moses and Joshua are true for us too. If we stick with God's way, we will be successful and that He will neither leave us nor forsake us. I can handle that!

God is interested in the smallest details of life. No matter if its just making beds or doing the dishes or teaching Madison her multiplication tables, it matters. And that if I keep doing things His way and not turn from it He will be pleased with it. And if things get scary, and I get lost along the way, He will guide me to where I need to go.

Is life perfect with no challenges? HA HA! Absolutely NOT! But I am determined to look beyond our circumstances and strive toward the goals and dreams that motivate me to keep going. Nothing is going to keep me from attaining these God given dreams and goals and that's it. My Jesus deserves nothing but the best from me, right? And I am striving toward that goal of being my best every day. Am I perfect? Absolutely NOT! Not even in the slightest way am I perfect? NOPE! But that is okay with me because I am loved by Jesus Christ! And that is all that matters.

1 comment:

  1. This is inspiring. I hope I can be as inspiring with my blogs.

    ReplyDelete