Pages

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Gotta Start moving

Good morning, my friends.
I went to my new doctor yesterday and I got some bad news. I found out that my cholesterol is up, my dosage of my thyroid medication needs to be up and I am to go and get exercising to lose weight. The doctor wants me to do this because of my current size. I am the heaviest I have ever been in my life.
I remember when I was in my twenties, during my time at university I started working out at the university workout room. I did that for about a year or so and I dropped from a size 11 to a size 3. I lost 11 pounds of body fat and greatly increased my strength and endurance. And boy did I ever look GOOD!
Since then, I have gained 60 pounds and I need to get moving. Living here I have not been as active and have been eating more junk food. I am a salty snack kind of girl who also likes loves ice cream. In Calgary, we had trails at the end of our driveway that went around the park. So, I would take Teesha, our golden lab, for walks. Madison would often come along too. We also had more control of what food came into the house. We hardly ever had potato chips or donuts or cookies in the house. Generally, we would buy that stuff for birthday parties or something like a barbecue. My in laws (and us too) love that stuff and boy is it hard to resist temptations whenever that bag of chips are passed around.
So, now given my bad report, we have been talking of joining a gym or start swimming at a local rec centre. My husband has also gained 50 pounds so I am hoping that he will join with me along this journey.
Our bodies are the temple of the Holy Spirit and we are to take care of our bodies if we are to continue doing His work and He needs us to be at our best for Him. Doesn't he deserve it? I believe so.
So join me and hopefully in a couple of months, I will be 20 pounds lighter.
Take care and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment